Kim Kardashian’s Newest Fragrance Makes Her “Feel Sexy”



Kim Kardashian Perfume
Alexander Tamargo/WireImage
“When my dad would go away on trips he always came back with a special perfume for me,” Kim Kardashian recalls. “I hated when he bought perfume for his girlfriends, but loved it when he bought me a glamorous bottle of his favorite scent of gardenia. So when I was developing Gold, I thought of him and other happy times in my childhood.” Thinking this time of summer nights, she “pumped up” some elements of her original 2009 fragrance, Kim Kardashian, and made Gold, her latest scent, glitter and soar for nocturnal soirees. “To me, summer is sexy, beachy and glamorous with thoughts turning to romantic evenings,” Kardashian told PEOPLE Saturday at the launch of Kim Kardashian Gold at Macy’s in Aventura Mall, outside Miami. “I wanted something powerful yet not too sweet. I got stressed out while developing the scent because I wanted it to be just perfect.” The fragrance combines sparkling top notes of Italian bergamot and grapefruit with a sniff of spicy pink peppercorn, plus a floral heart of jasmine, delicate rose and golden resins of amber and creamy benzoin. Musk gives the strong scent a last blush of elegance. And while notes weren’t easy to choose, deciding on the golden bottle’s rounded shape took even more work. “I am very hands on with my fragrances,” she explained. “I really didn’t want a square bottle of any type. I am curvy and think my fragrance should represent me. So I picked a sleek round vessel in gold with ebony accents.” Comparing her fragrance it to an extra-special piece of everyday jewelry, Kardashian says she uses her Gold perfume nightly. “I spray myself before I go out,” she said. “The fragrance makes me feel sexy.

Comments

Popular Posts