Christina Aguilera, classic game fanatic

Christina Aguilera (Todd Williamson/WireImage
She's sold more than 50 million albums throughout her career, has appeared on countless magazine covers, and currently works as a judge on "The Voice," one of the hottest new shows on television.
But if you really want to get Christina Aguilera's competitive juices flowing, challenge her to a game of Galaga.
The 30-year old singer, best known for her hits "Genie in a Bottle" and "Ain't No Other Man," confessed her love of classic arcade games onThursday's Jimmy Kimmel Live.
"I'm a huge gamer," she said. "Board games. Arcade games. I'm a huge game nerd. I have a mini-arcade in my house."
It's stocked with some classics, too. Among the titles in her collection are Donkey Kong and Galaga -- and when friends come to visit, one of the first things they want to do is erase her name from the high score list.
"Everyone that has a little gamer in them comes over and tries to beat my score - and I get a little competitive," she said "People think 'You reset it!' I'm like 'I did not. Come on, let's go.'"
This isn't the first time Aguilera has declared her love of games. Three years ago, she told MTV: "Target is an amazing store. You can find anything there. Board games... I'm a big gamer. I love my Nintendo DS. I love my board games. So on the road, [I play them] especially to kill time. Now, I don't have much time, because of my little one, to play those games. I play different games now."
Her favorite title at the time? Mario Kart DS.
Ironically, despite her love of games and her much-acclaimed pipes, Aguilera hasn't been featured in any of the music games that have come out over the past few years.
Then again, after seeing how Axl Rose and No Doubt both ended up suing Activision over their appearances in the Guitar Hero franchise, maybe that decision was for the best.

Comments

Popular Posts