Kate Gosselin: Things Are 'More Peaceful' Between Jon and Me


Kate Gosselin: Things Are 'More Peaceful' Between Jon and Me | Kate Gosselin
Kate Gosselin
Diane Cohen/Fame
Jon and Kate Gosselin had theend of their marriage play out in the tabloids and on their reality show, Jon and Kate Plus 8, but the single mom says tensions have finally calmed between the exes. 

"It's just naturally gotten more peaceful, which is good," Kate, 36, told PEOPLE on Friday. "He's working now, which is great. He has somewhere else to put his attention, which is good." 

Although Kate considers her parenting skills "very different" from Jon's, she believes whatever he's doing is working. 

"The kids enjoy spending time with him," she says of her ex, 34. "They wish he would see them more, but as long as they come home happy – and more or less they do – I'm okay with that, so that's good." 

But it doesn't sound like there's any chance of reconciliation for the once happy couple. 

"I want somebody who is older, at least in their 40s," Kate says. "I can't be bothered with these little boys." 

Aside from the age requirement, what else does Kate, who is currently "not dating," want in a potential love interest? 

"It would be really great to find somebody in real life who can handle the stress around here and who can love my kids the way I do," she says. "I want someone who is strong and smart and driven. I think those are the best qualities." 

Even though she is single, Kate says she's "open to the option" of finding love again. 

"I'm at the point where I'm like, 'Okay, there's got to be somebody out there who would work,' " she says. "If it's meant to be, it'll be. And if not, then whatever. I'm happy as I am." 

Dating isn't a top priority for the reality mom, whose series Kate Plus 8returns Monday (10 p.m. ET) on TLC. 

"I think everyone who is single worries that they'll grow old alone," she says. "But I don't have a lot of time to worry about it."

Comments

Popular Posts