I know this blog has a long way to go, but we are off to a good start. I am not an expert. I don’t have the experience. I gleaned good ideas and/or inspiration from each of these people and sites. If you intend to create a high traffic blog, apply the knowledge provided by these people.
I am grateful for the following people, websites, and blog posts:
- Steve Pavlina – How to Make Money From Your Blog – This post is not only about making money, it is about providing value in your blog. He is brutally honest in this post. Do you have what it takes?
- Darren Rowse – His site Problogger.net provides value each day. I found this post valuable. My first inbound link came from his Problogger Group Writing Project.
- Wendy Piersall – emomsathome.com provides value with every post. Her Values Conflict series (post 1, post 2, post 3) helped me eliminate mental obstacles to success.
- Brian Clark – His tips at copyblogger.com about writing on the internet are gold. A powerful post.
- Richard MacManus – He compiles great information on next generation web technology at Read/Write Web. This post helped me understand social bookmarking.
- Leon Ho – Lifehack.org planted the seed that grew into this blog. This post changed my life.
- Creating Passionate Users has four authors, Kathy Sierra, Bert Bates, Elisabeth Freeman, and Eric Freeman. This is a powerful post on writing by Kathy.
- Joe Vitale – At Beyond Marketing, I learned how to apply the ‘Law of Attraction’ to my life. Joe is dynamite. Read this post. See this movie. Watch him on Larry King Nov. 2nd and Nov 16th.
- Lyman Reed – Creating a Better Life linked to some of my first posts. Lyman gave me great advice on dealing with comment trolls, ask him and he might tell you. When I was down, his encouragement was priceless.
- Josh Kaufman – His blog and his concept of the Personal MBA inspired me to break through my own limiting beliefs about education and success.
- Uncommon Business Ideas – It forces me to think outside my limiting beliefs.
- Charles Haanel – In The Master Key System, Charles showed me how power lies within myself. I recommend this book to everyone, no matter what you want to accomplish.
- The Balanced Life Center – This blog inspires me to be the best I can be. Thanks for hosting so many carnivals and the Season of Gratitude.
- Seth Godin – Every post is a gem. But this one stood out.
- Jonathan Leger – SEO tips. The advice in this post has worked wonders.
- Steve at The Fast Lane – This post says it all. Do you intend to be successful? Then what do you think about?
- Jakob Nielsen – This article from 1997 is buried treasure.
- Tony Clark – Success from the Nest inspires me. The design is perfect. It’s simple and classy. Tony is living a lifestyle I intend to live.
- The blog starter checklist on Squidoo.
- Blog Carnival.com – Find your niche and join a carnival.
I don’t have any except these:
- I read the stuff above
- I contacted other bloggers
- I wrote my posts
- I participate in and submit to social web 2.0 sites (Reddit, Digg, Delicious, Netscape, Stumble Upon) and blog carnivals.
Oh! I want to thank one more person…
Alex Pippit – Without your inspiration I would have never found my passion for writing. It is a privilege to know you.