Braxton's back on stage in St. Petersburg

People Toni Braxton


Toni Braxton has had a long career as a singer and a TV star, but she admits that the current tour she's on scares her a little.
"I'm still nervous, I'm still a bit unsure," she said in a recent teleconference. "But I just decided, what do I need guts for? It's OK to be scared, but guts are gonna help me through it. So wish me luck, guys."
The reason she's nervous is it's her first tour in several years, and the first since she learned she has lupus. She's done a few scattered one-nighters, but now she's touring for a few weeks, just to see if she can handle it physically.
She'll be making a stop at the Mahaffey Theater in St. Petersburg on Aug. 28, just three days before the end of the tour.
Braxton, who hit the big time in the '90s with such sultry soul hits as "You're Making Me High" and "Un-Break My Heart," has been most visible of late on her reality show "Braxton Family Values."
She credits her friend Babyface with helping her find the strength to go on tour again.
"I had my illness to deal with," she said. "I think I was a little depressed, not being able to control my life the way I once had. Accepting that I'm older, the industry has changed. He said, 'You got a lot more singing to do, sister girl. This is the where you've have to plant the seeds and start all over, and that can be challenging, but you've got to do it.'"
Besides touring, Braxton has just released a new single, "Hurt You," a duet with Babyface.
Details: 7:30 p.m. Aug. 28, Mahaffey Theater, 401 First Street S., St. Petersburg. Tickets: $45.50, $55.50, $69.50, $75.50, $99.50. Information: 727-892-5767, www.themahaffey.com.

Read more here: http://www.bradenton.com/2013/08/22/4674180/braxtons-back-on-stage-in-st-petersburg.html#storylink=cpy

Comments

Popular Posts