5 Things We Learned From Lindsay Lohan’s Interview With Oprah Winfrey


Lindsay and Oprah (George Burns/Harpo Studios Inc.)
Only four days after leaving her sixth rehab stint, Lindsay Lohan sat down with Oprah Winfrey to tape what promised to be her most truthful and telling interview to date.
Sporting a rather prim orange dress and slick ponytail, the "Canyons" star did her best to prove she's a changed woman. But while she did a reasonable job, the sit-down itself was sort of dull.

[Related: Lindsay Lohan Launches New Website]
It was clear from the get-go that Oprah was there to play nice, as she lathered Lindsay up with praise for how talented she truly is. Meanwhile, Lindsay was there to reiterate why Hollywood, and the world, should give her yet another chance. But just because Winfrey went kind of easy on the 27-year-old actress doesn't mean we didn't learn anything interesting. Here are the top five takeaways from LiLo's latest tell all:
1. She subconsciously wanted to go to jail.
Though Lindsay told Oprah that getting sent to jail was her biggest wake-up call, she claims that when it happened, she didn't see it that way.
"At that point, I strangely — you know, being in my addiction and everything and having all the chaos around me that I was so comfortable with — I somewhere inside knew, and kind of wanted, to go to jail," the (formerly?) troubled star revealed. "And I think that that was subconsciously being put out there by me, just by my actions, or lack thereof. I think it was just to find some peace and just have no choice but to just sit and be."
2. She finally admitted that she is an addict and her drug of choice is alcohol.
Asked, point-blank, if she is an addict, Lindsay replied, "Yeah" and quickly added that her drug of choice is "alcohol." She admitted, however, that alcohol is far from the only drug she's tried.
"[Alcohol] in the past was a gateway to other things for me. I tried cocaine with alcohol," she confessed. Lohan later revealed that she had also been taking Adderall, but swore that these days the only drugs she's taking are "vitamins."
3. She has tried cocaine 10-15 times.
Though Lindsay told CNN host Piers Morgan just three months ago that she had only done cocaine 4-5 times, she told Oprah a different story. "I really haven't done it more than 10-15 times," she stated, adding, "Of course I said 3-4 [to Piers]; I was terrified of being judged." When Oprah tried again and asked, "So what is the truth?" Lindsay stuck to her (latest) story and repeated, "I've done it like 10-15 times."
She continued, "It allowed me to drink more. It was like a party thing. People would have it and I would do it. I snorted it. I've never injected anything other than getting B12 shots. It went hand in hand with drinking and partying."
4. She is a "very spiritual" person.
It seems that Lindsay took a page from Oprah's book even before sitting down with the media mogul because she made a point to emphasize her spiritual side.
"I am a very spiritual person and I've become more spiritual as time has gone on," she mused. "I'm really in touch with — whether it's prayer or meditation — and you know there are so many powers greater than me in the world. I've been blessed and lucky enough to have been given a gift I can share with other people."
5. She was originally planning to go to Europe a few days after her Oprah interview, but, at the behest of the host, she canceled the trip.
At the very end of their chat, Oprah asked Lindsay if it was true that she was planning to take off for Europe in only a few days time. The host did her best to tread lightly, but couldn't help but question Lohan's decision.
Lindsay, however, insisted she would be fine. "My brother is going to be coming with me," she explained. "I am going to be doing a yoga and meditation kind of retreat." Still, Oprah was not convinced, prompting Lindsay to argue further. "I'm different. I feel different. I'm in a different head space. I don't want those things that I wanted before," she stated before agreeing that she would consider Oprah's suggestion to stay a little closer to home.
The final image from the interview was not of Lindsay or Oprah. Instead, the screen read, "Two days later, Lindsay canceled her vacation to Europe."
In other words, Oprah wanted everyone to know that she had made a difference. And while we truly hope the talk show titan did, rumors have already started that Lindsay has been out partying and acting up on set. For now, we'll file this one under "the jury's still out."

HIGH: 'Late Night With David Letterman' Appearance (1992)
Lindsay Lohan made her TV debut in a Halloween bit on "Late Night With David Letterman" in 1992 at the age of 6. The bright-eyed, young ...
more 
HIGH: 'Late Night With David Letterman' Appearance (1992)
Lindsay Lohan made her TV debut in a Halloween bit on "Late Night With David Letterman" in 1992 at the age of 6. The bright-eyed, young redhead (sporting pigtails!) charmed both Letterman and the audience in her "trashy" costume that was supposed to represent "stuff found on the floor of the D train." Who knew the adorable little girl wearing the disguise would grow up to be a talented-yet-troubled movie star?
less 
1 / 27
omg! from Yahoo!
Sun, Jun 30, 2013 11:00 PM EDT
More Celebrity Features on Yahoo!:

Comments

Popular Posts