If you knew these things, you wouldn’t need a marriage counselor, would you? This insider info comes from psychologist Karen Sherman and from psychotherapist Wendy Allen, Ph.D., author of How to Survive the Crisis of an Affair.
- Sixty-nine percent of all arguments between you and your partner will never be resolved. So don’t try so hard.
- A couple that doesn’t fight is in trouble.
- Having a “good enough” marriage is the most couples can expect and is actually quite an accomplishment.
- Letting go is sometimes better than discussing everything to death.
- Respect, not sex or money, is the most important factor in a happy marriage.
- There are marital breaches worse than an affair.
- A therapist cannot teach, train, or guide you to “be happy.”That is not a reasonable outcome to expect from therapy.
Tell us a funny, poignant, or life-changing story for a chance to win $25,000!
23 Regular People Who Are Secretly Changing the World
20 Secrets Your Waiter Won't Tell You
15 Foods You Should Never Buy Again
13 Things You Didn't Know About Cats
13 Things Your Dentist Wants You to Know
13 Things a Movie Theater Employee Won't Tell You
13 Hotel Secrets You Should Know
10 Things Your Should Never Buy at a Garage Sale
13 Things You Never Knew About Your Weight
11 Secrets of Getting Better Doctor Care
13 Things Your Pilot Won't Tell You
13 Things Your Aerobics Instructor Won't Tell You
Get more insider secrets and sign up for our newsletters.