Prince Speaks for Kardashian-Weary Nation: 'Get Off the Stage!'



Last night at Madison Square Garden, Prince did what so many of us want to do, but simply cannot do: make Kim Kardashian go away. At the end of each of the singer's Welcome 2 America concerts in New York, he's invited VIPs onstage to dance -- and in Cyndi Lauper's case, belt a few notes. Yesterday one of his stellar backup singers took Kim by the hand and led her onstage, saying, "Look who I got." Prince busted a move; Kim stood and laughed. So he dismissed her with a neck-snapping, "Get off the stage!" as the crowd roared. "Welcome 2 America," he added, scanning the audience for another girl who "can get busy."
Stars who have successfully boogied with Prince at MSG include Sherri Sheppard, Naomi Campbell, Alicia Keys, Whoopi Goldberg, Jamie Foxx, Tavis Smiley, Cornel West, and Spike Lee. Yes, Sherri Sheppard, the same woman who horrified Prince on national TV by proclaiming on "The View," "I have wanted to make love to you for my whole life." He's even serenaded Leighton Meester with "I Love You But I Don't Trust You Anymore."
Kim's defense, mounted on Twitter (of course): "I was so nervous I froze when Prince touched me!" She added that the Purple One gave her another chance, and she did, indeed, get funky. "This time I redeemed myself! We all danced while Prince played the piano! Wow! What a night!"
In truth, she should feel honored -- because of Prince's staunch anti-Internet stance, no fresh footage of him has managed to hit the web in years. In 2007, the singer even got into a fight with his fans when he pulled down images of everything from Prince-inspired tattoos to photos of his album covers -- and when his devotees got angry, he wrote a funky diss track called "PFUnk" that includes the line, "I love all y'all, don't you ever mess with me no more." Thanks to the Kardashian smackdown, we got another glimpse of our favorite funkateer in action!

Comments

Popular Posts