Lozada files for divorce from Chad Johnson


By: Denise Young

Say what! I bet someone is laughing over this news reported, please read:
Evelyn Lozada filed for divorce from Chad Johnson three days after he allegedly head-butted her during an argument in their driveway.

Lozada claimed the marriage is "irretrievably broken" in legal documents filed in Florida.

Johnson was arrested following a 911 call on Saturday night after an argument started when Lozada claimed she found a receipt for a box of condoms in his car. A Boston woman, 30-year-old Beverly Shiner, has claimed she had an affair with Johnson from January until May this year, according to radaronline.com. Johnson and Lozada were married over the July Fourth weekend.

Lozada released her first official statement since the domestic incident earlier Tuesday.

"It is with great sadness and much trepidation that I release this statement addressing the domestic violence incident that happened this past Saturday," Lozada said. "I am deeply disappointed that Chad has failed to take responsibility for his actions and made false accusations against me, it is my sincere hope that he seeks the help he needs to overcome his troubles. Domestic violence is not okay and hopefully my taking a stand will help encourage other women to break their silence as well. I'm grateful to my family, friends and fans for the outpouring of support during this difficult time."

Johnson released his own statement shortly after news of the divorce filing broke.

"I would like to apologize to everyone for the recent events that have occurred," Johnson said in a release posted on the "OchoCinco News Network." "I would like to wish Evelyn well and will never say anything bad about her because I truly love her to death. I will continue to be positive and train hard for another opportunity in the NFL. To all the fans and supporters I have disappointed, you have my sincerest apologies. I will stay positive and get through this tough period in my life."

Johnson and Lozada were scheduled to be featured in a VH1 documentary focused on their marriage. That show has been cancelled, and Johnson's football future is in doubt after he was released by the Miami Dolphins.

"Due to the unfortunate events over the weekend and the seriousness of the allegations, VH1 is pulling the series 'Ev and Ocho' from its schedule and has no current plans of airing it," the network announced Monday.
We wish them the best!

Comments

Popular Posts